Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Stuff that Matters

I sometimes look back at my life and am reminded that the only stuff that made any difference, that really mattered, was (and is) the time spent with those I love.

Vacations, meals together, school and church activities, and friendships all feed my soul and create lifelong memories. These are what I remember most from my early years, and continue to be the things that matter, and make me who I am.


I got an email the other day that had this Chinese proverb at the end:

If there is light in the soul, there will be beauty in the person.
If there is beauty in the person, there will be harmony in the house.
If there is harmony in the house, there will be order in the nation.
If there is order in the nation, there will be peace in the world.

There were some wonderfully bright souls that got together last weekend, and I had the opportunity to bask in their light and beauty. The world has a better future because they are in it.

1 comment:

Dana said...

It may be a simple realization but some people never understand possibly until it's too late or even worse, ever. I'm glad you are surrounded by such good people.